- D-Day: Juno Beach: Canada's 24 Hours of Destiny
- D-Day: Juno Beach : Canada's 24 Hours of Destiny - Lance Goddard - Google Книги
- D-Day: Juno Beach, Canada's 24 Hours of Destiny
- Racial Propositions: Ballot Initiatives and the Making of Postwar California (American Crossroads).
- D-Day: Juno Beach, Canada's 24 Hours of Destiny | Quill and Quire?
- Kate and the Wyoming Fossil Fiasco (Camp Club Girls Book 16)?
- Whats Going On?: Political Incorporation and the Transformation of Black Public Opinion.
- Lesson Plan #2: A Farewell to Arms?
His book took London by storm. What makes Biblio different? Sign In Register Help Cart.
D-Day: Juno Beach: Canada's 24 Hours of Destiny
Juno Beach, Canada's 24 Hours of Destiny. The Dundurn Group, Contains many black and white illustrations from photographs. Very light wear to edges. Gift inscription to former owner inside front cover.
Log-in or create an account first! Scroll over to zoom Click for full size.
D-Day: Juno Beach : Canada's 24 Hours of Destiny - Lance Goddard - Google Книги
Glossary Some terminology that may be used in this description includes: Ask the seller a question. The accounts, though, are referenced against official material and are expertly blended into the larger battle narrative.
- Product details.
- The Beginner’s Guide to Ghosts and Haunting?
- by Goddard, Lance?
- Die Dirne und der Bischof: Roman (German Edition);
- D-Day: Juno Beach, Canada’s 24 Hours of Destiny!
- Refine your editions:!
- Leonore Griebel (German Edition)!
- D-Day : Juno Beach - Canada's 24 Hours of Destiny by Lance Goddard (2004, Paperback)!
- Organisational Democracy in the Agriculture Sector in Zimbabwe. Scope, Practicality and Benefits.
- Dream Walker;
No other battle narrative on the subject comes close to the breadth and depth of detail, nor the clarity of presentation. Indeed, the detail is such that the avid reader intent on getting the most out of the work had best approach the book with a clear mind, a scratch pad, and better maps than those included. The book is a compilation of transcribed interviews with Canadian D-Day veterans whose accounts are divided into 24 chapters corresponding to each of the 24 hours of June 6 and what the interviewees were doing in that hour.
D-Day: Juno Beach, Canada's 24 Hours of Destiny
The book, by its nature, lacks the depth of detail or analysis of Juno Beach. As a result, we learn how the participants were alternately frightened, confused, and determined, though the accounts are not sufficiently contextualized to be appreciated on a tactical level.
Both Zuehlke and Goddard extensively praise the Canadians who fought on D-Day, and point out the truly remarkable achievements and unquestionable courage exhibited that day. They have each chosen different avenues to approach that praise — Zuehlke has used the battle-piece format to remember the participants through the event, while Goddard has used oral history to remember the event through its participants.